Friday, October 16, 2009

The Owl Man

Just the other day, I was wondering if putting my palms behind my ears like spoons would amplify my hearing, you know, like give me a SUPER-hearing.

And man, did it ever! Well, maybe it only amplified the “cosmic white noise” but the course of this story puts it’s cosmic head in the sand where no one can reach it’s cosmic essence:).

Anyway, the only problem was that only the sounds coming from in front of me got amplified, and on the other hand, the sounds coming from behind me got slightly muffled, making it a bit difficult to comprehend from where a certain sound was coming from...which set me thinking about owls and their heads that seem to be spinning almost 180 degrees both ways.

“Ok” I thought, “now that I have my owl-hearing I might as well start howling a bit!” I mean, it doesn’t look all that stupid when a grown man places his palms behind his ears and howls like an owl, does it?

“Hoooo, hoooo!”

At this point, it was all going just EXCELLENT and I was about transform into “The Owl Man”, the new superhero who all the villains would fear!
...But then I started trusting my ability to fly, with or without my hands grabbing my ears a bit too much and things started getting worse from there on.

“Since I’ve been successful so far I might as well go all the way” I figured at the time, “After all, I am The Owl Man, damn it!”

“Here we go...”


The number of Owl Men lying face down on the floor: 1
The Owl Man’s vision: Blurred
The Owl Man’s owl-hearing: Gone
The Owl Man’s ability to fly: Apparently not very good

F*ck!:)