Friday, December 4, 2009

Designs by PT Loren: The Inside Story

Just the other week I was feeling a bit under the weather trying to come up with the solution to all the Problems of the World. Oh, what to do, WHAT, WHAT, WHAT?!
“I know! I’ll start making designs for t-shirts...and for things that are related to t-shirts, like mugs and bags. That ought to do it!”

So I started with the production.
And man! Much like with the “Owl Man Project”, this too was going just EXCELLENT...until I realized that I can’t bloody well draw worth a damn!

Ok, the Problems of the World: 1, PT: 0.

...But not so fast Problems of the World, I have another idea! “What if I’ll just glue some stuff on a sheet of paper...like pieces of cardboard...and better to use some duct tape too!” As a musician, I have learned that there is no such thing as too much duct tape...wait, an idea coming...“Now I got it! I’ll write something cute on the piece of cardboard with a black marker and then put the whole masterpiece into my Canon scanner!”
Alright, let’s go scanning, “I’m the Scan-Man!”

And the “Scan-Man” scanned, all-night-long, slept until it was dark again(since he was so tired after all that scanning), woke up and found a quite a lot of these sh*tty looking prints of cardboards with mysterious aphorisms and some duct tape on them lying on the floor.

Problems of the World: 2, PT the Scan-Man: 0.

At this point I was feeling slightly frustrated...and a bit-bit-BIT obsessed by the whole cardboard/duct tape/black ink...thing...*loose the cardboard*...”Hmmm, maybe it’s just that I’ve got too many elements here, hmmm...” *loose the cardboard* “But which one of these elements should I take out, the duct tape, the black ink or the...” *loose the CARDBOARD* “Man, this is a tough decis...” *LOOSE THE GOD DAMN CARDBOARD NOW!!!* “I know! What if I’ll just loose the cardboard and see how that would be!”

That would be AWESOME! Problems of the World: 2, PT: 1.

So, duct tape and black ink...one CANNOT go wrong with duct tape and black ink!! In your face Problems of the World, in your face man!!!
There is this bottle of soy on the kitchen table, the kitchen table by which I am making these final touches to this certain piece called “My Hardcore Mug” and...*Loose the cardbo...krhh, krhhh...cough...cough...sorry, I mean grab the bottle of soy, grab it now!*...and like a divine intervention, like the infinite finger of destiny tapping on my shoulder, like the echo of my own scream, like a blind man with a reflection of his past, like an earthquake in reverse I suddenly knew exactly what I gotta do.

2-2.